Yesterday’s Advisor featured two big-name companies—Shell Oil and LinkedIn—and their expensive wage and hour woes. Today, two more word-to-the-wise cases.
Yesterday’s Advisor featured the first 5 of Consultant Whitney Herrington’s 7 alternatives for deciding on merit pay. Today, alternatives #6 and #7.
It sounds like a childhood taunt. “What are you afraid of?” If you close your eyes for a minute, chances are you can go back in time and recall a situation in which you were asked that exact question. Someone was trying to push you into doing something you really didn’t want to do—daring you to push beyond your comfort level
How Do Your Pay Practices Stack Up Against Competitors?Find out by trying BLR's all-in-one website for compensation and benefits information, Compensation.BLR.com. This site gives you reliable salary information on thousands of jobs, localized by industry, state, and company size. Find the situation most like your own and you'll know what to pay and what benefits to offer, as well. Start Your FREE Trial Plus, enjoy all these added features:
- Annual merit pay increase forecast for your situation
- Thousands of prewritten job descriptions, policies, and checklists
- Plain-English write-ups on every major compensation/benefits law
- Hundreds of best practices white papers and news items, and a weekly ezine to keep you up to date
- "Ask the Experts!" Personalized answers to your e-mailed questions in 3 business days!