Latifa Lyles, Acting Director of the Women’s Bureau (WB), noted that today, full-time female workers earn on average only 81 percent of what their male counterparts earn. For African-American females and Latinas, the wage ratio is substantially lower: 68 cents and 59 cents, respectively. But the real cost of the pay gap is more than 18 or 23 cents on the dollar. The real cost is much higher. The consequences of a pay gap affect women, their families, and our nation’s economy.
Compensation Planning | Monday, May 20th, 2013
"“… we can and must do more—from updating our regulations and collecting better data to working with employers to improve compensation systems and teaching workers how negotiate for fair pay,” said Pat Shiu, Director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, opening the “Equal Pay Chat.”"
Benefits | Friday, May 10th, 2013
"How often do your employees receive training? What kind of training is conducted? How do your training programs compare to those of your competitors? Over 700 individuals participated in our April 2013 Training & Development Survey. Read on below to see how the training programs your company offers stack up against those of other successful companies"
- Top compliance training topics for employees are new hire orientation (79%), sexual harassment (75%), and discrimination (69%).
- For professional development training for employees, job-related skills leads the list (73%), followed by communication (66%), customer service skills (59%), team building (49%), computer skills (46%), and time management (36%).
Compensation Administration | Thursday, May 9th, 2013
"If you are not careful, your social media sourcing efforts can come off as something like stalking, says Staffing Advisors Recruiter Kelly Dingee. Rule number one, don’t let candidates think you’re creepy."
Compensation Planning | Thursday, May 9th, 2013
"Yesterday’s Advisor featured consultant Chuck Csizmar’s tips for formulating a meaningful compensation strategy. Today, more of his tips plus an introduction to the all-compensation-in-one-place website, Compensation.BLR.com®."
[Go here for #1 to #3]
#4: Competitive Reference Points
Describe the comparator group(s) for your rewards package
Determine industry/geographic competitors
For signature programs, what are the benchmarks
How Do Your Pay Practices Stack Up Against Competitors?Find out by trying BLR's all-in-one website for compensation and benefits information, Compensation.BLR.com. This site gives you reliable salary information on thousands of jobs, localized by industry, state, and company size. Find the situation most like your own and you'll know what to pay and what benefits to offer, as well. Start Your FREE Trial Plus, enjoy all these added features:
- Annual merit pay increase forecast for your situation
- Thousands of prewritten job descriptions, policies, and checklists
- Plain-English write-ups on every major compensation/benefits law
- Hundreds of best practices white papers and news items, and a weekly ezine to keep you up to date
- "Ask the Experts!" Personalized answers to your e-mailed questions in 3 business days!