To successfully communicate, says Price (www.wellsaid.com), you have to learn to present yourself and your message effectively. You’ve got to know your audience members and tailor your content to meet their needs. And you’ve got to be sincere, natural, enthusiastic and passionate, maintain good eye contact, and be calm and polite.
Please participate in our brief survey, and see how what you are doing stacks up against what other successful companies are doing.
We’ll get answers to these questions and more:
- Who develops policies? Who has final approval of policies?
- How often are policies updated?
- Do you have a policy on social media background checks?
- What outside vendors do you use for background checks?
When the employer has enough information to determine whether the leave is being taken for a FMLA-qualifying reason (e.g., after receiving a certification), the employer must notify the employee whether the leave will be designated and will be counted as FMLA leave within 5 business days, absent extenuating circumstances.
Supervisors’ Role in Performance Appraisals
Management’s top responsibilities when it comes to performance evaluations are writing evaluations of their direct reports for 85.6% of survey participants, followed closely by setting goals for/with employees for 78.3%, conducting review meetings for 75.3%, and coaching employees for improved performance for 75.3%. Finishing out the field is reviewing evaluations prepared by their direct reports for their own employees (64.6%), deciding employee salary raises (50.8%), and providing input to other supervisors on their direct reports (40.5%).
How Do Your Pay Practices Stack Up Against Competitors?Find out by trying BLR's all-in-one website for compensation and benefits information, Compensation.BLR.com. This site gives you reliable salary information on thousands of jobs, localized by industry, state, and company size. Find the situation most like your own and you'll know what to pay and what benefits to offer, as well. Start Your FREE Trial Plus, enjoy all these added features:
- Annual merit pay increase forecast for your situation
- Thousands of prewritten job descriptions, policies, and checklists
- Plain-English write-ups on every major compensation/benefits law
- Hundreds of best practices white papers and news items, and a weekly ezine to keep you up to date
- "Ask the Experts!" Personalized answers to your e-mailed questions in 3 business days!